In 2019, Otonabee Conservation is celebrating our 60th year of providing environmental services to area municipalities and residents.
Otonabee Conservation invites the community to celebrate this significant milestone, offering “Step into Nature – Watershed Explorations” a variety of new, self-directed and environmentally-themed activities to enjoy and participate throughout the year.
- Step into Nature – Watershed Explorations Map App – This exciting new “App” will be your guide as you tour the Otonabee Region watershed and discover some unique natural features and special places at 11 conservation and wildlife areas. The interactive map also provides a description of activities you can enjoy at the areas and geocache coordinates.
Here’s the link to the Step into Nature ~ Watershed Explorations Map App:
- Geocaching – Find a new geocache every month. To start your geocache adventure, visit the Warsaw Caves Conservation Area and add an item to the cache that can be found at these UTM coordinates: 17T E 728354 N 4927196. For a full list of geocaches and coordinates, visit geocaching.com
- Step into Nature – Experience 60 Fun Things in the Watershed! Conservation Areas are just steps away from your front door and offer unique outdoor experiences. Whether you want to enjoy a hike through the woods, take your family camping, have a quiet picnic, or catch ‘the big one’ at a popular fishing spot, this 60 Things to Do is your guide.
- Otonabee Conservation Day offering free day use admission to the Warsaw Caves Conservation Area on Tuesday, July 9th – Click here for more information
- Discovery Days – Back by popular demand, the Discovery Days series of demonstrations and workshops will once again be hosted at local Conservation Areas! Some of the exciting events scheduled include:
- International Trails Day at the Harold Town Conservation Area, Sunday, June 2nd
- Machinery Day at the Hope Mill, Sunday, June 16
- Meet Ontario’s Birds of Prey at Warsaw Caves Conservation Area on July 13th
- Meet Ontario’s Snakes presentation at Beavermead Campground on July 21st
- and much, much more!
Download the Revised Discovery Days 2019 Schedule.
- Presentation of the Environmental Excellence Awards during a celebratory event on June 6th, 2019