UPDATED May 13, 2021
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has changed all of our lives. At Otonabee Conservation, we are concerned about everyone’s well-being.
We are taking precautions to continue to offer our services in a way that is safe for everyone. We are closely monitoring guidance from Peterborough Public Health to ensure that our practices are aligned with the latest recommendations.
Please be assured that all of our essential services are operating as normal. The Flood Forecasting and Warning program continues to help keep people and property safe from flooding, and the duties of our Risk Management Official with the Drinking Water Source Protection program are operating as planned.
The start of the camping season has been delayed until June 11, 2021. Some of our Conservation Areas’ gates are still closed but you may access these areas for hiking, biking, birdwatching, and walking with members of your household. Please refer to each or our Conservation Areas webpages for specifics about each area.
THE CAVES AND THE CAVES TRAIL AT WARSAW CAVES CONSERVATION AREA REMAIN CLOSED DURING THE PANDEMIC
Please see our Guidelines for Physical Distancing at Conservation Areas, Parks, and Trails. All facilities buildings, vault privies, picnic shelters, and washrooms currently remain closed.
Our services remain uninterrupted; however we are operating in the following modified ways to ensure everyone’s health and safety:
- The Administrative Office at 250 Milroy Drive is closed
- Many of our staff are working remotely and are available by email. A Regulations Officer and Flood Duty Officer are on duty. Please refer to our list of contacts to connect with staff.
- All communications are occurring via telephone or email;
- Permit submission is happening electronically. Please visit our Apply for a Permit page for directions on how to submit a digital permit application. As part of the permit application process, we are available for pre-consultations via teleconference.
- All non-essential meetings are cancelled.
- All education programs and events are postponed or are being delivered virtually at this time.
We are committed to keeping communications open to our watershed residents. Please check back here for updates. Please contact us if you have any questions.
705-745-5791 | firstname.lastname@example.org