UPDATED May 12, 2020
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has changed all of our lives. At Otonabee Conservation, we are concerned about everyone’s well-being.
We are taking precautions to continue to offer our services in a way that is safe for everyone. We are closely monitoring guidance from Peterborough Public Health to ensure that our practices are aligned with the latest recommendations.
Please be assured that all of our essential services are operating as normal. The Flood Forecasting and Warning program continues to help keep people and property safe from flooding, and the duties of our Risk Management Official with the Drinking Water Source Protection program are operating as planned.
At this time, we must postpone the opening of the camping season, as non-essential services remain closed in accordance with the current state of emergency. Campsite bookings for May 2020 will be cancelled and campers will receive a full refund. We are hopeful that as we work together to flatten the curve, that we will be able to re-assess the situation by the end of May and offer an opening date in late June.
The trails at our conservation areas will remain accessible for passive use, providing physical and mental health benefits to members of the public. Please see our Guidelines for Physical Distancing at Conservation Areas, Parks, and Trails. All facilities buildings, vault privies, picnic shelters, and washrooms are closed until further notice.
Our services remain uninterrupted; however we are operating in the following modified ways to ensure everyone’s health and safety:
- The Administrative Office at 250 Milroy Drive is closed
- Many of our staff are working remotely and are available by email. A Regulations Officer and Flood Duty Officer are on duty. Please see our list of contacts, here…
- All communications are occurring via telephone or email; permit submission is happening electronically. Please visit our Apply for a Permit page for directions on how to submit a digital permit application.
- All non-essential meetings are cancelled.
- All education programs and events are postponed at this time.
We are committed to keeping communications open to our watershed residents. Please check back here for updates. Please contact us if you have any questions.
705-745-5791 | firstname.lastname@example.org