Otonabee Conservation welcomes you to the Warsaw Caves Conservation Area – your base camp in the Peterborough and Kawarthas region, located at 289 Caves Road, Warsaw, Ontario. Our coordinates are N 44.461904, W -78.131332.
The area will open from May 11 to October 14, 2019.
You may reserve a campsite by selecting the reservation button to the right. You may reach the conservation area by calling 705-652-3161 or 1-877-816-7604 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nestled in the valley of the Indian River, the Warsaw Caves Conservation Area offers a range of recreational opportunities the entire family or an organized group can enjoy. Our recreational facilities and services include:
- 52 Family campsites (un-serviced sites, each with a picnic table and fire pit)
- 4 Group camping areas
- Comfort Station with barrier-free access washrooms, showers, laundry, and dish washing station
- Seven caves for exploration and discovery
- 15 km of hiking trails that meander through forests and across a limestone plain; the scenic lookout over the Indian River valley; potholes and kettles and a disappearing river
- Sandy beach on the river (unsupervised; sorry, no dogs on the beach)
- Canoe rentals (by the hour or day)
- Boat launch (non-motorized watercraft only)
- Picnic shelter, complete with central fieldstone barbecue and picnic tables, suitable for a single family or large group; a $30.00 reservation fee applies; the use of alcohol is not permitted
- Firewood sales (1 cubic foot bundles)
- Ice, refreshments and snacks (at the Gatehouse)
- Headlamps for cave exploration (for sale at the Gatehouse)
Visitors are welcome to enjoy the recreational opportunities and connect with nature; and, Otonabee Conservation has a set of guidelines to ensure the natural values of the conservation area remain protected.
Just a reminder to our visitors ~ Conservation Areas are not part of the provincial parks system. As such, we are not able to accept any pass, permit, coupon or other discount offered by Ontario Parks at the Warsaw Caves Conservation Area.
- Day Use Permit, Vehicle (Car) Entry: $17.00
- Day Use Permit, Walk-in per Adult: $7.00
- Day Use Permit, Walk-in per Child: $4.00
- Day Use, Bus Passenger, per Person: $2.00
- Day Use Permit, Per Bus: $80.00
Day Use for Picnic Shelter:
(please reserve in advance) $30.00
Annual Pass to Conservation Areas
- General: $60.00
- Seniors: $45.00
- Campsite, Unserviced, per Night: $47.00
- Campsite, Unserviced, per Week (7 days) $282.00
- Additional Vehicle at Campsite, per Night: $17.00
- Group Campsite, per Person, per Night: $10.00
- Group Campsite, per Scout/Guide/Cadet, per Night: $6.00
- Canoe/Kayak Rental, per Hour: $12.00
- Canoe/Kayak Rental, per Day: $48.00
- Firewood (one bundle, 1 cubic foot) $12.00
- Snacks, refreshments $various
- Headlamp, Basic $17.00
- Headlamp, Premium $24.00
Please Note: Fees are inclusive of all applicable taxes. Vehicle parking or bus parking fees includes admission for all passengers - you do not pay an additional fee per person on top of the parking fee. Camping permits inlcude parking for one vehicle - any additional vehicles require a separate, additional vehicle permit. Program fees, such as canoe/kayak rentals, are paid in addition to admission or camping fees.