Reserve a campsite for the 2023 camping season starting March 1, 2023 at 9:00am!
Starting in spring 2023, Lakefield Campground will be operated by Otonabee Conservation through an agreement with the Township of Selwyn.
Lakefield Campground is a 12 acre (4.9 hectare) campground located in the village of Lakefield on Hague Point. The campground sits between the Otonabee River to the east and the Lakefield Marsh, a Provincially Significant Wetland, to the west.
Lakefield Campground offers seasonal and reservable overnight campsites for trailer and tent camping. More information about campsite vacancy will be available early in 2023.
The campground includes a fully serviced comfort station for campers. Camping essentials such as firewood, ice, and refreshments will be available for sale at the campground office during the camping season.
59 Hauge Blvd., Lakefield, ON K0L 2H0
Latitude 44.42949748062729, Longitude -78.27365291942591
For more info about Lakefield Campground please contact Otonabee Conservation:
Phone: 705-745-5791 (ORCA Administrative Office)
Our season runs from Friday, May 12– Monday, October 9, 2023:
Spring/Fall Hours (May 12 – June 30, 2023 & Sept. 5 – Oct. 9, 2023)
Sunday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday – Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sundays of Statutory Holiday Weekends 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Summer Hours (July 1 – Sept. 4, 2023)
Sunday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Friday – Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Sundays of Statutory Holiday Weekends 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Campsite, Unserviced / Night $49.00
- Campsite, Serviced, Blue Area / Night $58.00
- Campsite, Unserviced / Week (7 days) $294.00
- Campsite, Serviced, Blue Area / Week (7 days) $348.00
- Campsite, Serviced, Yellow Area / Season $3,750.00
- Double Campsite, Serviced, Yellow Area / Season $5,450.00
- Campsite, Serviced, Green Area / Season $3,500.00
- Double Campsite, Serviced, Green Area / Season $5,200.00
- Campsite, Serviced, Blue Area / Season $3,500.00
- Double Campsite, Serviced, Blue Area / Season $5,200.00
- Additional Vehicle / Night $19.00
- Dumping Station / Use (transient campers) $18.00
- Canoe or Kayak Rental / Hour $12.50
- Canoe or Kayak Rental / Day $50.00
- Firewood (one bundle, 1 cubic foot) $12.50
- Docking / season (existing seasonal campers only) $570.00
At Lakefield Campground we have seasonal campsites available. Seasonal campers have the option of keeping or giving up their seasonal site, each year. If a site becomes available, new reservations are assigned by a lottery system. You can submit your name to be included in the annual lottery for seasonal campsites that open up. Fill out our Seasonal Campsite Lottery Submission Form, starting on January 1st of each calendar year or click on the form for more information.
Please refer to our Campsite Reservation, Cancellation & Refund Rules for details about all camping opportunities.
Canoeing and Kayaking
Spend some time on the water in a canoe or kayak. Enjoy flat water, a gentle current, and lots of great scenery and wildlife along the Otonabee River and Katchewanooka Lake. Paddle around to the adjacent Imagine The Marsh Conservation Area to explore Lakefield Marsh, a Provincially Significant Wetland that is protected for source water protection, biological diversity, conservation education, and nature appreciation. Bring your own canoe/kayak or rent one from us. Rentals are available 9:00 a.m – 6:30 p.m. each day.
Hiking, Picnic Facilities, Swimming, Cycling, Fishing
Enjoy the many facilities at nearby Lakefield Beach and hike or ride your bike along the Lakefield Trail, which loops around Hauge Point and throughout the Village of Lakefield. Lakefield Campground is surrounded by water offering stunning views, nature viewing, fishing, trails, playgrounds, a beach, and all your necessary amenities nearby.